LAFCo is a state mandated local agency that oversees boundary changes to cities and special districts, the formation of new agencies including incorporation of new cities, and the consolidation of existing agencies.
Mission Statement: Alameda LAFCo provides oversight over local governments to make Alameda County a great place to live and work by balancing the preservation of agriculture and open space with the provision of sustainable municipal services.
The broad goals of the agency are to ensure the orderly formation of local government agencies, to preserve agricultural and open space lands, and to discourage urban sprawl.
For more information on what LAFCos are and how they work, read 50 Years of LAFCO - a Guide to LAFCOs. (PDF)
Alameda LAFCo's enterprise system catalog in compliance with SB 272 is included in Alameda County's catalog listing (on page 49 of the downloadable document). Click here to access the catalog.
News & Announcements
- Notice | Applications for Public Member Seat
- Please find the application form here. The submittal deadline is Friday, March 4, 2022 at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Request for Proposals (RFP) | Municipal Service Review on Community Services
- All questions seeking clarification concerning the RFP must be received no later than Monday, December 20, 2021. The submittal deadline is Friday, January 21, 2022 at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- LAFCO GIS Map: Please find Alameda LAFCO's Offical GIS Map here.